Buckeye: The Outdoor Recreation Mecca of Arizona
For recreation enthusiasts, few places match the amazing outdoors of Buckeye, Arizona. In this unique setting, with boundless nature and a year-round climate, recreation is possible from your doorstep. Whether you enjoy unbounded adventure or prefer to participate in organized events such as movies or concerts in the park, for residents of Sienna Hills, the opportunities are endless.
Freedom to Explore
Nature is an adventurer’s paradise, and Buckeye abounds with miles of rugged terrain promising fresh, exhilarating experiences.
Skyline Regional Park
Head out for a hike or camp overnight in Buckeye’s source of local pride, Skyline Regional Park. This mountain preserve offers the best of the White Tank Mountains: miles of safe trails featuring varying difficulty levels and lengths for hikers, mountain bikers, equestrians, and wildlife viewers alike.
Buckeye Hills Regional Park
Conveniently located on State Route 85 just five miles south of Buckeye, Buckeye Hills Regional Park offers primitive hiking and biking and beautiful views of the Gila River riparian area. Pull out your compass and delight in your natural desert surroundings.
Woolsey Peak Wilderness Area
Explore the diverse terrain of this topographic wonder and marvel in the solitude and adventure that await you. Gaze upon wildlife in its natural habitat or take in sights of sloping lava flows while you hike, backpack, mountain bike, or ride horseback through this rugged Arizona gem.
Grow in Community
If organized events are more your speed, Buckeye is the place for you. With so many opportunities, what will you choose?
- Saddle up at the Helzapoppin’ Rodeo Arena for Buckeye Days or stop by for other roping events throughout the year
- Put on your workout clothes and meet for Fitness in the Park or join a sports team through the Buckeye Recreation Center
- Play a round of golf at any of the nearby greenways
- Stock up on local organic produce and artisan foods at the Buckeye Farmer’s Market
- Celebrate Buckeye Valley’s rich history of cotton farming and take in a car show and carnival at Oktoberfest
No matter the time of year or your interests, there’s something on the calendar to keep you entertained in the outdoors when you have a home in Buckeye.